Verizon uses Zaloni’s Bedrock Data Lake Management & Governance Platform to speed and enhance data analytics and to improve archiving and recovery with extraordinary results.
Reducing Processes on the Data Warehouse
For Verizon, being able to access, manage and store massive volumes of data is key. When Zaloni first met with Verizon, they were using their EDW for ETL. In fact, nearly 90% of their EDW platform was used by ETL processes. They needed to free up CPU so that their EDW could be used for true data warehousing and business intelligence practices. They needed a much more strategic, effective and efficient use of their assets.
Collaborating on the Best Data Lake Solution
Zaloni designed a hybrid Hadoop and Teradata system for VES. The solution was based on Zaloni’s Bedrock Data Management Platform™ and addressed the limitations in the existing data warehouse, enabled time-saving local data processing, and provided user-friendly data management and reporting abilities that were impossible with their existing system. Through a POC, Zaloni quickly demonstrated the feasibility, performance and scalability of the proposed solution. VES was impressed, and within just months the new solution was fully deployed.
Reducing Costs and Improving ROI on Infrastructure
The Zaloni solution provided VES with faster and more comprehensive insights into valuable customer data. The solution also offered dramatic infrastructure cost savings and has driven greater ROI through an innovative and scalable platform.
- Reduced CapEx by $33.0M over five years
- Increased storage capacity by 20X
- Achieved 100X cost reduction per terabyte ($200K/TB for Teradata, $2K/TB for Hadoop)
- Deployed new hybrid solution with zero impact to existing applications
- Improved end-user experience with faster response to data queries
- Lengthened retention periods for historical data, improving disaster recovery and analytics