An exclusive report from Eckerson Group about data pipeline, data preparation and data catalogs
Everyone is a stakeholder in a data-driven enterprise. Likewise, almost everyone is concerned with the tooling to manage the big data lifecycle. From business people engaged with self-service analytics, to data scientists, data analysts, and data professionals from BI and IT organizations, it seems that nearly everyone is both a consumer and a provider of data.
Big data management software spans the data lifecycle supporting data profiling, transformation, enrichment, cleansing, matching and other functions. It is the glue that binds a big data environment together, fostering continuous alignment of data with dynamic and changing business needs.
In this report by Dave Wells, Research Analyst with Eckerson Group, you will learn:
- The kinds of tools that are needed to meet the challenges of big data
- The purpose, functions, and characteristics of data preparation tools
- The purpose, functions, and characteristics of pipeline management tools
- The purpose, functions, and characteristics of data cataloging tools
- The role of big data management tools for high-impact analytics